Q. How can I get links to USciences journals when using My NCBI account?
The Outside Tool in your My NCBI account will put USciences dark red holdings buttons in your PubMed results. When you use the buttons, you will need to log in with your USciences credentials to access the journals. Here's how to set up the Outside Tool:
2. You may be at one of several places after logging in. Here's what to do depending on where you are:
- If you are at the My NCBI -- Preferences page, continue to 3. below.
- If you are at your My NCBI homepage (with a box to Search NCBI databases on the left), click on NCBI Site Preferences in the menu at the top right of the page. Continue to 3. below.
- If you are taken at the PubMed homepage (or another PubMed page), click on the silhouette in the upper right corner and choose Dashboard to go to your My NCBI homepage. On that page, click on NCBI Site Preferences in the menu at the top right of the page. Continue to 3. below.
3. On the My NCBI -- Preferences page, find and click on Outside Tool under PubMed Preferences.
4. On the My NCBI -- Outside Tool page, click on U in the alphabet near the top of the page. On the list of U's, scroll down to University of the Sciences and click on the box in front of it. (Can't find the university? It's the second entry below University of Texas Permian Basin, J. Conrad Dunagan Library.)
5. Go to your My NCBI homepage by using the My NCBI link in the upper right corner.
There's more information about My NCBI accounts in How to Create and Use a My NCBI Account.