Q. Can you help me find a picture of a bent tibia, shown from the right side?


I can make two suggestions for places to look.  Before you search, though, give some thought to the search terms that you can use.  If you don't have good luck searching "bent tibia", try searching for terms associated with the cause of a bent tibia, such as "rickets", or try searching clinical terms like "genu varum", "bow leg", or whatever term is related to your particular area of research.  I recommend putting your terms in quotation marks, too.

Here are two places to search:

  1. Try your search in Access Medicine, which can be found on the library website on the Databases A-Z page.  Images show up on the right side of the search results. (Searches can be a bit slow, so you may need to be patient).
  2. Try an Advanced Search in Google.  Limit your results to ".gov" domain, and then choose "Images" to only show images in your search results.  See this link to illustrate a way you can arrange your search using Google Advanced Search: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9etkohYsMYQMk43NGlDaHNKLTA/view?usp=sharing. If you use this method, you will need to visit the .gov page that is hosting your image so that you can identify the source.

Keep in mind that you may need to try a couple of different search terms to get what you want. If you don't get right-side images, try adding something like "right side" or "right leg".

Regardless of where you find your image(s), remember that you should give credit to your source by citing it.

  • Last Updated Dec 11, 2018
  • Views 11
  • Answered By Chris Wieman

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0