Q. How do I place an ILLiad request?
Please note, if this is your first time using ILLIad, then you will first need to fill out a personal information form before you can place a request. Here are the steps you can follow to order an article (Step 3 only occurs for first-time ILLiad users):
1. On the library's homepage, find and click on ILLiad (Request an Article or Dissertation) under Requests.
2. Log into ILLiad using your USciences username and password (same as you use for Blackboard)
3. If a form for personal information appears, fill it out and submit it.
4. In a separate tab or window, find the article you want to request in PubMed or another database. Click on the dark red Find Full Text USciences button to start the request.
5. In the new tab/window that opens, click on ILLiad near the bottom of the page.
6. Click Order Article on the next page.
7. If you get an ILLiad log-in screen, login to ILLiad again.
8. On the Article Request form, the details of the article you are ordering will now appear. Make sure the information is correct by comparing it with the PubMed record (or other database's record), then click Submit.
Alternately, if you know the article you want but there is no red USciences button, you can place a request manually. Just login to ILLiad and click Article under New Request (on the left sidebar menu). Now fill out the required fields on this blank Article Request form.
We will e-mail you when the article is available for you. Start checking your e-mail (including your spam/junk folder) a day or two after you place the request.
Let us know if you have any other questions--