Can you help me to find dissertation format instructions?
I have checked the Graduate School's Web site, as I am sure you have, and only found a dissertation manual for the Health Policy program located here:
I also checked for internal documents on the campus portal and found nothing.
The Policies and Procedures of the Graduate School state:
"Dissertation and Abstract
Upon completion of the research project to the satisfaction of the student's research advisor and advisory committee, the student must submit a formal Ph.D. dissertation and abstract based on the research. The dissertation and abstract must be prepared in a style and format specified by the Graduate Subcouncil. The document should be first critiqued by the research advisor and revised before being submitted to the members of the advisory committee."
I would suggest that you contact the Graduate office to locate the Subcouncil's format.
Some candidates have searched for previously published dissertations in Dissertations Abstracts, a Proquest database. To do that start at the Library's Web page:
- Under Quick Links, select Proquest.
- Below the search box, after Databases, from the drop down menu select "Interdisciplinary--Dissertations & Theses"
- Below that, click the gray tab "More search options"
- Opposite SCHOOL, click "Look up schools" and type "University of the Sciences" in the new window. This should load our name in the box.
- In the search box, type "chemistry" (or "biochemistry" if that is your field) and search.
If you decide to look at a dissertation for guidance and you need help with the above, come into the library and we will take you through the steps.