Skip to Questions
USciences Home JW England Library Homepage

Ask a Librarian

Useful Tip: As you type, you may see some suggested answers. If you don't see anything helpful, click 'Ask Us' and then fill out the question form on the next page to email your question to a librarian.

How do i find professional/scientific magazine and newspaper articles for interventions for people with CP?

I have tried looking through OT search and EBSCO and checking off the magazine search criteria. It will only retrieve journal articles. Where else can I look? Thank you
Last Updated: Jul 26, 2018  |  6 Views
Topics: Reference

Was this helpful? 0   0


For magazines and trade publications, another place to search is ProQuest Research Library.  Searching for cerebral palsy or "cerebral palsy intervention" should give you a good batch of results to start with.  On the right hand side of the results page, you can limit the results by Source type"Trade journals" will give you the professional/scientific magazines, and if you'd like to check the layperson magazines you can choose "Magazines" as well. 

For newspapers, you can try ProQuest as well, but you may find more in LexisNexis Academic.  In LexisNexis, the easiest way to search newspapers is to go to the bottom of the homescreen and look for the box that says "Search the News".  Click on the box, and a search menu will appear.  You input your topic where it says "Search For" and then limit to newspapers under "By Source Type".  On the results page, you can further limit by geography to just the United States, if you wish, and apply several other filters.  Let us know if you'd like any further guidance with your searching.  Good luck!

Answered by Stephen BussBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    • a small icon
      Call the reference desk
      at 215-596-8967
    • a small icon
      Text your question via SMS
      to (215) 995-3256  more info
    • a small icon
      Tweet your question
      to @LibUSciences
    • a small icon